Asbestos Removal Services
We specialize in asbestos abatement (Asbestos Clean-up, Removals and Encapsulation works).
Derwent Valley is able to create asbestos abatement packages for any solution.
We specialize and have extensive experience in the following sectors;
- Residential Properties-Commercial Properties
- Industrial Sites
- Historical & Security Sensitive Sites
- Healthcare Establishments
- Government Buildings-Leisure & Retail
All our staff are fully trained to UKATA and HSE Licensed standards in the safe handling of any asbestos containing materials and can deal with any event where asbestos has been damaged or poses a risk to health.
Asbestos containing materials (ACMs) fall into 3 categories
Licensed require removal under controlled conditions by a licensed contractor.
Non-licensed require removal in accordance with HSE Guidelines. Notifiable non-licensed require removal in accordance with HSE Guidelines.
All work with asbestos
A suitable and sufficient risk assessment should include full details of the work to be undertaken and how long the work is expected to take. It should include:
- details of the type and quantity of the asbestos
- details of the expected level of exposure
- details of the controls to be used to reduce exposure eg use of local exhaust ventilation, controlled wetting, adequate PPE / RPE use of enclosures
- decontamination procedures for tools, equipment and PPE
- details on how asbestos waste will be managed
- emergency procedures
The findings of the assessment should be communicated to employees, and anybody else who could be affected. A copy of the risk assessment must be available on site.
Asbestos Van Collection
As a licensed hazardous waste carrier, we can undertake waste collection from residential and non-residential sites – providing our customers with the confidence that their asbestos waste will be disposed of safely in accordance with relevant legislation.
Our Asbestos trained drivers have a reliable and practical approach providing flexibility whilst ensuring customers’ asbestos waste is transported and disposed of in a safe and secure manner. All vehicles are tracked and carry the necessary documentation and equipment for full compliance with current legal requirements.